Saturday, April 2, 2011

SURPRISE!!

Well, its nearly been two weeks, and I think I’ve had enough fun surprising people, so I’ll let the cat out of the bag.  I’m back in Canada.  I only had a 10 day extension of my visa, so I was required to leave the country.  It might take a while to get all the visa paper work sorted out for me to return, so my best option was to come home. 
I am SO blessed to have GREAT parents who have welcomed their stray child back in! I’m grateful to have many friends to visit, and I’m hopeful that I can even pick up a few shifts at work while I’m here.  My one regret is that it’s not warmer here!  Man, was THAT a shock to the system!  Snow still at the end of March is just wrong!
My time in Ethiopia was AMAZING!! I don’t regret one second of it, and I pray that if it be God’s will, He would bring me back there soon.  I am leaving that in His hands, always reassured that His plans are far greater than my own. 
Here are a few pics from my time there, I will add more later. Now that I’m back in high speed internet country, downloads are a breeze!!  
Castles in Gondar

look at those roots!

A monk praying at an orthodox church

Near Lalibella

Rock hewn churches of Laliblella. Incredible!!

Completely carved out of rock BY HAND!!

Me, my mule and the mule handler near a field of Teff

More rock churches

Traditional meal. Very yummy!


A sample of a Ge'ez bible (ancient language used in liturgy only)
Beautiful sunsets!

Near the Blue Nile Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment